Driver Preparedness – 5 Essentials To Always Have In Your Car
May 14, 2018 at 2:37 PM
You never know what could go wrong when you’re out on the road, that is why it’s necessary to be prepared for any eventuality in order to keep yourself safe or get yourself out of a fix when you need to. Having these five items in your vehicle at all times will help you when faced with most of the common problems you could encounter when driving.
- First aid kit. Even when it’s not the result of a crash, injuries can happen when you’re out driving. A first aid kit will help you treat injuries on the go or stabilise them until you can get professional assistance.
- Reflective triangle. A reflective triangle will come in handy in case your car breaks down on or dangerously close to the road. Placing it a few metres back warns other drivers of an oncoming hazard thus preventing a collision.
- Jumper cable. Car batteries often fail without warning. A jumper cable will help you use another car’s battery to start your car in case yours is drained.
- Spare tyre/tyre repair kit. A flat tyre can leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere, make sure you always carry a spare or a tyre repair kit at the minimum. Also, make sure to carry the tools needed to change the tyre i.e. jack and wheel brace.
- Fire extinguisher. Fires are not uncommon in motor vehicles, having a fire extinguisher with you will help you put them out before they get out of hand.