How to Effectively Use your Headlights
November 10, 2017 at 2:39 AM
Your vehicle’s headlights can be adjusted to suit the environment you are driving in. Although switching on the headlights is pretty straightforward, it’s using them to see what is on the road in front of you that’s somewhat challenging.
Here’re some tips to help you use your headlights effectively:
- Switch your headlights to low whenever you’re following another vehicle or when there’s another vehicle moving towards you on the other side of the road.
- If a vehicle shines their full beam lights at you, don’t look towards their headlights or centreline, instead, use the white line on your left to guide you.
- You can prevent being blinded by headlights through your rearview mirror by flicking the knob underneath it forward.
- Always switch on your headlights as soon as it starts to get dark, it’s better to have them on earlier than later.
- Switch on your headlights if you’re driving at least 30 minutes after sunset and until 30 minutes before sunrise.
You also need to have your headlights on whenever you can’t see objects that are at least 100 metres away.