How To Set Up Your Trailer
October 06, 2017 at 1:28 PM
Before setting off with your trailer in tow, there’re a few steps that you need to follow to ensure that the trailer is properly attached to your vehicle and ready to go.
Here’re the things you need to do before taking a trailer onto the road:
- Make sure that the trailer is securely locked onto your vehicle’s towbar.
- Ensure that the safety chain is correctly attached.
- Hook up the electrical connection and test to see if everything is working as it should. (You might require someone to help you check this as the controls have to be engaged for the brake lights and indicators to come on.)
- Make sure the load you’re transporting is centred as much as possible and that it’s securely fastened to the trailer.
- Check and adjust your mirrors to ensure you can see behind you.