Performing A U-turn – How To
November 10, 2017 at 3:44 AM
Sometimes when driving, you’ll need to turn around and go back in the direction you came from. One of the easiest ways you can do this is by performing a U-turn.
Here’re the steps for performing a U-turn safely and successfully:
- Check your mirrors, indicate left for at least three seconds and then pull into the kerb as close as possible without touching it.
- Check your mirrors and indicate right.
- Check for vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists in your mirrors and blind spots.
- Turn your steering to the furthest right as you pull out slowly and drive smoothly to the other side of the road.
- Do a mirror and shoulder check as you complete the turn to ensure no one has come up behind your car and is trying to pass, then accelerate back into your lane.
The best place to perform a U-turn is on a wide street where there aren’t vehicles parked in your way and where you have a good view of traffic up and down the street.