CAR DRIVER TRAINING AUCKLAND
- Auckland-Wide Driver Training
- Now Including The North Shore Click here for prices
- Door To Door Service
- Your Choice Of Manual Or Automatic Car Driver Training Lessons
- Pre-Test Assessment In Testing Area
Our qualified driving instructors will come to you to provide the training (door to door service), anywhere in Auckland (incl. North Shore). They will bring a vehicle (automatic or manual car, your choice) that is purposely designed for car driver training. They will guide you through all the different scenarios you come across on New Zealand roads in preparation for the test. This includes familiarising yourself with a testing area. Our vehicles are also available for the practical licence test once the instructor confirms the student can drive competently.
THE GRADUATED DRIVERS LICENCE PROCESS
In New Zealand we use a system called: Graduated Drivers Licence System (GDLS).
This is divided into different stages:
Stage 1 - Learner Licence
To apply for the learners drivers licence you will need to be at least 16 years of age. The learner licence involves learning the theory from the road code manual. Once you're familiar with the road code, you can sit your learner's licence test.
Stage 2 - Restricted Drivers Licence
Once you have passed your learners licence, you can take driving lessons. Everyone needs to hold a learners licence for at least 6 months before you can sit the test to gain your restricted licence.
Stage 3 - Full Drivers Licence
You can apply for a full licence after 18 months if you are under 25 years old or after 6 months if you are over 25 years old. This time can be reduced by doing a STREET TALK Defensive Driving Course.
Learning How To Drive A Manual Car
Advantages of learning how to drive a manual car
A manual car is very different to driving an automatic and it is therefore very important to learn how to drive one properly. Manual cars, vans and light trucks are still a popular choice with trades people, the council and businesses. In order to get a truck licence you will need to know how to drive a manual vehicle.
Some of the advantages of driving a manual vehicle are:
• Control the vehicle through gear usage rather than the brakes.
• Better fuel economy (if driven correctly).
• Cheaper in purchase price and repair cost.
• Manual drivers often anticipate traffic situations better as they scan well in advance in order to keep their vehicle in motion.
• It is easier to control your speed, especially on a downhill situation (keeping in a lower gear).
• If you know how to drive a manual vehicle, you can drive any vehicle.
We have two manual driving instructors covering some parts of the Auckland area. Common suburbs for our driving lessons:
Suburbs: Hillsborough, Mt Roskill, Grey Lynn, Ponsonby, Auckland City, Parnell, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Eden, Three Kings, Royal Oak, One Tree Hill, Onehunga, Greenlane, Penrose, Ellerslie, Remuera, Orakei, Mission Bay, St Heliers, Glendowie, Glen Innes, Panmure, Mt Wellington, Pakuranga, Half Moon Bay, Howick, Botany Downs, East Tamaki, Manukau, Papatoetoe, Otahuhu, Mangere, Mangere Bridge.
Book a manual car driving lesson now