A1 Driving School - Terms & Conditions
All A1 Driving School’s driver training courses, lessons and classes are subject to the following conditions:
Cancellations for lessons
- A1 Driving School requires a 24 hour cancellation notice for all appointments. For non-appearances or late cancellations, the lesson fee will be charged for the time booked.
- If you are sick on the day of your driving lesson it is very important to inform your instructor before 8:00am to cancel your lesson. If you cancel after 8am, the lesson fee will be charged for the time booked.
- Students must bring their driver's license at all times during practical on-road instruction and wear glasses/ lenses if required to drive. If you do not have your glasses/ lenses, the lesson will be cancelled and the lesson fee will be charged for the time booked.
Payment for Lessons
- Fees for instruction are payable via internet banking prior to the day of the lesson or class. Bank account details for your instructor will be provided via email with your booking confirmation. Please use your full name and date of your lesson as a payment reference.
- Alternatively payment can be made by cash at the time of each lesson or class.
- Receipts can be issued on payment upon request.
Cancellations for Street Talk Defensive Driving
- We require a 24-hour cancellation notice. Cancellations before the 24-hour period, will only receive a 50% refund. No refunds for non-appearances or cancellations within the 24-hour period.
- If you are sick on one of the days of your course, it is very important to inform your facilitator before 8:00am, so we can reschedule you onto another course.
Payment for Street Talk Defensive Driving
- Payment for the course must be received at least 7 days before starting the course. Bank account details are provided via email with your booking confirmation. Please use your full name as a payment reference.
- All driving lesson appointments are from your house, unless arranged otherwise.
- The instructor has the right to re-arrange any appointments should he/she become unavailable to attend the lesson/class for any reason. The instructor will notify you about this as soon as possible.
- Re-arranged appointments for individual one-on-one lessons will be made to a time that’s convenient for both the instructor and the student.
- Individual one-on-one lessons are one hour long (unless arranged otherwise).
- If your instructor is late for the lesson, arrangements will be made to make up for the time lost.
- If you are late for your lesson, you lose that time of your lesson (unless arranged otherwise).
- The instructor will wait for 15 minutes at the pre-arranged pick-up location. If you are late or don’t arrive for your lesson after this time, our cancellation policy will apply (see above under cancelations).
Code of Conduct
- Students and instructors are expected to maintain an appropriate attitude during instruction in class or lesson with each other.
- Students are allowed to bring a support person on their lesson, but the support person is not allowed to talk on the phone, neither are they allowed to interrupt or distract you or the instructor.
- The instructor has the right to refuse commencing or withdraw instruction before or during lesson if the student appears (or seems) to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol or is abusive.
- Students should maintain a positive and considerate attitude while driving on-road and listen to the instructor’s instruction for safety.
- A1 Driving Schools aims to provide the best possible service for all courses, lessons and classes. If you require any assistance, please contact Harald Leeuwenburgh (Director of A1 Driving School) at A1 Driving School Limited.