STREET TALK DEFENSIVE DRIVING COURSES IN AUCKLAND
Why Take A Defensive Driving Course?
- Reduce your restricted licence period
- Recognise driving hazards
- Avoid dangerous situations
Total cost $185-00 incl.gst. ($20-00 discount for clients that have done driving lessons with us)
Street Talk is an approved defensive driving course that reduces the restricted licence period by 6 months for the under 25 driver and by 3 months for those over 25.
The updated Street Talk Course has been revised to include skills that will help both Learner and Restricted Licence drivers pass the new Driving Tests.
Any licence holder can now do this course.
It teaches you how to recognise hazards on the roads and how to avoid dangerous situations that lead to accidents. It is an intensive and interactive course that comprises of 4 x two hour evening sessions in a classroom followed by a one on one practical on-road session.
Times and dates for the practical defensive driving session will be made during the course. The practical session will take place in your own vehicle at the nearest licence testing station, so all scenarios of the licence test can be met.
Note: Learner Licence holders will need access to a supervisor to do the practical homework assignment on this course. They will also need to have some driving experience, we recommended a minimum of 30 hours driving before starting the course.
Make sure you arrive at our Street Talk defensive driving course location 15 minutes prior to the course starting. Please bring a pen, a good attitude and your driver's licence with you to the course.
Why Should You Take a Defensive Driving Course?
Driving defensively means being aware of every vehicle around you, as well as those up ahead. In your mind, you analyse the movements of those vehicles and predict what they might do next. This prepares you for any event so that you are mentally and physically ready at all times to take evasive action should that become necessary.
Learning how to drive defensively can give you a lot of confidence. This confidence comes from knowing that you are ready to react to any situation and handle it perfectly. When you are confident you are less likely to hesitate which is one of the biggest causes of accidents
Other Benefits of Taking a Defensive Driving Course
- You will learn about following distances, stopping at speed and reacting to the unexpected.
- Learn about driving safely in a variety of weather conditions.
- You will gain an understanding of the importance of respect for other drivers and how to share the road, with control of your emotions.
- You will increase your knowledge about the way your vehicle operates, so that you know important things about it, such as braking distance and acceleration distance.
Top Reasons People Take a Defensive Driving Course
- Insurance discounts. Some insurance companies offer discounts, which can result in substantial savings to drivers over the course of a year.
- Avoiding collisions through faster reaction times. These courses can help you to react quickly and avoid striking another car by undertaking evasive action.
- Learn to drive safely. You may not be aware of your personal driving habits and certain things that you do out of habit, that can lead to a dangerous situation. Taking a defensive driving course can help you to recognise mistakes you are making and bad habits that you have and can help you to make the changes necessary to eliminate them.
- Prepares you for and reduces the amount of time to gain your full licence.
- Court appointed for reckless drivers, who have been charged with dangerous driving.
- Company requirements for OSH, assessing employees who drive company vehicles.
Ask us how a defensive driving course can help you.
How Can We Help?
Have a question? For an obligation free chat, simply give us a call on 09 302 3456.