How To Save On Fuel And Reduce Emissions
October 24, 2017 at 5:05 PM
Driving sustainably is not only good for the environment, but good for your wallet as well. It’s not difficult to cut down your vehicle’s fuel consumption and the amount of pollutants it produces.
Here are some tips to keep your vehicle running cheap and green:
- Drive smooth and steady. Avoid accelerating fast and sharp braking.
- Shift to higher gears instead of letting your car work too hard in lower gears.
- Reduce the number of short drives – your car will consume more fuel when it’s cold.
- Cut the engine if you’re going to be stationary for more than 30 seconds.
- Avoid carrying heavy things in your car unless you need to.
- Maintain your vehicle. Keep the car well-tuned and its tyres properly inflated.
- Avoid unnecessary modifications, such as spoilers and roof racks that increase drag and fuel consumption.
- Choose a car with good fuel economy and lesser emissions when you’re buying.